[O] [ANN] Org-e-groff.el improvements.

From: Luis Anaya
Subject: [O] [ANN] Org-e-groff.el improvements.
Date: Thu, 2 Aug 2012 20:47:29 -0400

Hi:

I know that I've not said much of late, but I'm not sitting idle.

The following new features added to the Groff Exporter.

- Ability to handle long tables.
Long tables were being truncated, now there is an option to tell the
export when tables contain very long cells. The reason for this to be an
option is because of discrepancies in the way TBL handles formatting.

- Ability to automatically generate reference lists
Using [fn:rl123] will not create a footnote, but a reference. The
reference is listed at the end in the table of contents.

- Ability to perform special processing in paragraph
This was needed for advanced text processing, for instance, to create
Drop Capitals. The reason why Drop Capitals are not a feature is because
they are not available in the MM macro set. The use of a specialized
macro is needed. However, MOM macros include Drop Capitals Macros, but I've not
started porting from MM to MOM yet.

- Ability to disable captions.
This was needed for special circunstances in which a caption is not
desired. For Tables, Figures and Exhibits (programs) adding a
:disable-caption t in the #+ATTR_GROFF: line disables it.

- Ability to process special characters.
This was needed to provide correct representation of Copyright,
Trademark and Registered marks.

- Improved table handling
Improvements were made during while fixing the long tables format.

Showcases:

Source: http://ppl.ug/Q60uBaHOrw4/
PDF Output: http://ppl.ug/C9HvWdjMnDI/

Source: http://ppl.ug/RpTrZY73eSg/
PDF Output: http://ppl.ug/p_d-STCegXk/

Availability:

Available in GitHub/emacs_utils and in Org Mode Git.

QA Note:

- Regression test suite passed.
- No issues detected while exporting meeting notes.

--
Luis R. Anaya
papo anaya aroba hot mail punto com