Re: [O] test-ob-sh/session

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] test-ob-sh/session
Date: Fri, 03 Aug 2012 21:48:51 +0200

Achim Gratz writes:
> I'm currently seeing a problem with this test (only on Win7, both
> NTEmacs and Cygwin).  The test just hangs and never finishes.  All my
> attempts to have it fail in the same way in an interactive sessions were
> fruitless.  However, it seems that the first time a session is
> initiated, it does not start at all.  The second time it then works as
> expected.  Why Emacs hangs when it gets there in batch mode I can't
> see...

Due to some other problems with the Cygwin snapshot I was using, I've
rolled back to an older snapshot and that problem goes away for the
Cygwin version of Emacs (but not NTemacs).  Since the test is relatively
recent, I can't say if session handling always was a problem or not.

However then there's a different problem in another test (inline shell
scripts) where it seems to skip over the second invocation or extracts
the output from the third invocation into the second result.  That has
been happening sporadically before and is also not reproduceable in
interactive testing.

> Incidentally, sh tests will run even when not explicitly configured,
> which seems odd since I can't find any code that loads ob-sh either
> directly or through autoloads and thus the guard code at the top of the
> test file should leave those tests undefined.

All my attempts so far produced a nil result on (featurep 'ob-sh), yet
clearly the three tests are configured and run even when I'm not loading
ob-sh...

Regards,
Achim.