Re: [O] README.org on github

From: Waldemar Quevedo
Subject: Re: [O] README.org on github
Date: Sat, 4 Aug 2012 12:23:05 +0900

Bastien,

My name is Waldemar, and I am the current maintainer of the org-ruby gem.
It looks like thanks to you (and many others who reported this) github/markup was updated so that it uses the 0.7.0 org-ruby version of the gem!
https://github.com/github/markup/commit/b0144938d42c4e0b0f308c4e9cb1e5a23c155c72

I know that org-ruby html export implementation is far from perfect, but this will improve some things until a better solution that fits Github backed is build. For example, syntax highlighting #+begin_src blocks through Pygments should be available in Github with this release (in theory).

Thanks a lot!

- Wally

On Sat, Aug 4, 2012 at 3:19 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
Hi Tom,

Tom Regner <address@hidden> writes:

> Maybe you could make yourself heard in the issue I opened [fn:1]; it is
> actually the third issue I opened, I never got a response and closed the
> other ones -- maybe my conclusions are wrong, and an update of org-ruby
> wouldn't help (that much) -- but with more people actually requesting
> better org-support, maybe it will get a bit more attention and progress.
>
> kine regards,
> Tom
>>
>> น https://github.com/bdewey/org-ruby
>
> [fn:1] https://github.com/github/markup/issues/117

I pushed a +100 on this request.  I doubt it will change anything,
but who knows.  The best way to make sure something happens is to stick
to using org "markup" in github.

--
 Bastien