Re: [O] make test on Mac

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] make test on Mac
Date: Sat, 04 Aug 2012 10:05:07 +0200

Neuwirth Erich writes:
> I do (of course) have /bin/bash and the error is produced by bash.

OK, so the linebreaks have been corrupted in your original post.  You
actually got two error messages it seems:

>>> i686-apple-darwin11-gfortran-4.2.1: error trying to exec 'cc1':
>>> execvp: No such file or directory

This is the gfortran frontend telling you that it doesn't find its own
compiler backend…

>>> /bin/bash:
>>> /var/folders/cl/zktxb0v51ng7jfv0mspj2w940000gn/T/babel-9230sRi/fortran-bi
>>> n-9230CSz: Permission denied

…and this is bash telling you that no executable was produced, which is
explained by the first error message.

> It seems that the test suite does not find cc1 on Mountain Lion.

The test suite does not even look for that file, it is part of the
compiler.  This seems to be a problem with the installation of your
compiler(s), but Org can't do anything about it.  Just do

$ make TMPDIR=`pwd` TEST_NO_AUTOCLEAN=1 test
$ cd tmp-orgtest

and try to compile any of the (non-empty) *.F90 files you'll find there.

> cc1 in installed byXCode, but PATH does not include the directory with cc1.
> So I will try to add it there and report again.

No, the compiler frontends should know where their backends are, they
should not be in path (otherwise it would become impossible to use
different versions of a compiler). Have you moved the files after
installation, perhaps?

> Any further suggestions?

Reinstall XCode, maybe.

Regards,