Re: [O] org-elements: list in drawer

From: Michael Brand
Subject: Re: [O] org-elements: list in drawer
Date: Wed, 8 Aug 2012 21:45:40 +0200

Hi Nicolas

On Wed, Aug 8, 2012 at 10:02 AM, Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> wrote:

> I get it now.  It should be fixed.  Thanks you for the detailed report.

I can confirm, thank you.

>> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>>   (plain-list
>>    (:type unordered :begin 32 :end 135
>>           :contents-begin 32 :contents-end 134 :structure
>>           ((32 0 "- " nil nil nil 134))
>>           :post-blank 1 :parent
>>           (drawer
>>            (:begin 21 :end 141 :drawer-name "MYDRAWER" :hiddenp nil
>>                    :contents-begin 32 :contents-end 135
>>                    :post-blank 0 :parent nil))))
>> #+END_SRC
>
> The drawer isn't inside the list, it is the value of its `:parent'
> property.

Oh, now I see. It seems that I have to not read over too many of the
“details” of the output of `pp-to-string' (pretty print). Is there a
way to pretty print so that a property value never starts a line and
leaves its property name alone at the end of the previous line?

> Also, `org-element-at-point' doesn't parse contents, so
> there's no reason that there would be the item and the paragraph.
>
> Obviously, `org-element-at-point' output depends on the position of
> point. Try various positions in the same line and you will get,
> consistently, `plain-list', `item' and `paragraph' elements.

Ok, clear. My wrong expectation was that it would return the element
at point including the complete subtree of the structure.

Michael