Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?

From: Sriram Karra
Subject: Re: [O] [Orgmode] Re: contact management in org-mode?
Date: Thu, 9 Aug 2012 17:34:59 +0530

On Thu, Jul 19, 2012 at 4:40 PM, Russell Adams <address@hidden> wrote:

Thus I pose the question: What is a valid contact manager for a
console-mode user with sync, fast searching and update?

Curious - have you given BBDB a shot? There is a lot of action of late on BBDB V3. There is also a bi-directional sync utility for BBDB <-> Outlook / Google Contacts (Disclaimer: I the author of the said utility - http://karra-asynk.appspot.com/)

It appears like much can be gained by upping the level of integration between Org mode and BBDB. Thoughts?

-Karra