Re: [O] Latest version of Org-mode 7.8.3?

From: Torsten Wagner
Subject: Re: [O] Latest version of Org-mode 7.8.3?
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 11:34:54 +0900

Hey Ciaran,

as far as I remember you need to call

(require 'org-install)

to make emacs load your installation instead of the default one.
Add it to your emacs config and check out org-version again

Also you might be interesting to use the emacs-package manager which
is a rather new feature of emacs.
Org-mode versions there might be a good compromise between stability
and  up-to-dateness. Check here for details

http://orgmode.org/worg/org-faq.html#installing-via-elpa

Torsten