Re: [O] :dir argument does not seem to be working

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] :dir argument does not seem to be working
Date: Fri, 10 Aug 2012 15:13:22 -0500

On Fri, Aug 10, 2012 at 3:05 PM, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
> Here's a hopefully reproducible example:
>
> ----------
>
> * Test
>
> #+header: :dir C:/Users/username/Desktop :file test.png
> #+begin_src R :session R :results output graphics :exports results
> setwd("C:/Users/username/Documents")
> x <- 1:10
> y <- x^2
> plot(x,y)
> #+end_src
>
> ----------
>
> I prefer to use R on Linux, but need to stay in Windows at work
> sometimes. I'm trying to export my plots to a different directory than
> the org file I'm using. I tend to start R in
> "C:/Users/username/Documents" on Windows 7 because that's where I set
> my library directory and R has trouble loading things if I don't start
> there first, load my libraries, and then move to my data directory.
>
> In any case, for the above, when I switch to the R session called =R=,
> and do =getwd()= I get C:/Users/username/Documents, which is where the
> png ends up, not on the Desktop.
>
> Is this something in my usage I'm doing wrong?
>

> Thanks,
> John

Oddly, the first time I now open this file and execute the block, the
file shows up on the Desktop. If I delete it and re-execute, it puts
it in C:/Users/username/Documents! Why would this be? I used =setwd()=
above just to make sure R was elsewhere than the Desktop because I
have another file in which I thought :dir was working properly, but in
fact it was just the default R dir and so the plots were going there
anywhere. Changing the working dir caused the :dir on that block to
reveal that it wasn't working after all.

In the above, even removing the =setwd()= line produces the same
behavior. First time creates file on Desktop, subsequent times puts it
in Documents.