Re: [O] [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0

From: joakim
Subject: Re: [O] [OT] ELNODE is soon to be released as version 1.0
Date: Mon, 13 Aug 2012 23:05:45 +0200

"Sebastien Vauban"
<address@hidden> writes:

> Hello Brian,
>
> brian powell wrote:
>> * Some people have expressed interest in Elnode in the past: ELNODE is soon
>> to be released as version 1.0
>>
>> ** Video mentions Emacs OrgMode (and includes an example) and Node.js:
>>
>> http://www.youtube.com/embed/TR7DPvEi7Jg>
>> ** Elnode - the EmacsLisp Async Webserver @ version 0.9.9
>> Elnode is a webserver for Emacs 24, written in EmacsLisp. It turns your
>> Emacs into a web ...
>> nic.ferrier.me.uk/.../elnode-nears-1-point-0?...
>
> A pitty he only picked up Org for the tables, not for the entire file syntax.

It is pretty simple to serve org files with elnode. Nic made an example
for me:

#+begin_src elisp

  (require 'elnode)
  (defun elnode-org-handler (httpcon)
    (elnode-docroot-for "~/Plans"
        with org-file
        on httpcon
        do (with-current-buffer (find-file-noselect org-file) ;;org-file
             (let ((org-html
                    ;; This might throw errors so you could condition-case it
                    (org-export-as-html 3 nil nil 'string)))
               (elnode-send-html httpcon org-html)))))

  (elnode-start 'elnode-org-handler :port 8003)

#+end_src

Of course you need to elaborate on that for a real site, but you get the
idea.

I intend to use elnode for my own future personal org based website.

--
Joakim Verona