Re: [O] org-link minor mode

From: Christopher J. White
Subject: Re: [O] org-link minor mode
Date: Tue, 14 Aug 2012 06:57:31 -0400

This is pretty cool, Sean. One issue I'm having is that it does not properly handle "breaking" the link:

"[[link][description]]" is displayed as "link", with the cursor after link. In org-mode, if I hit backspace, it deletes the trailing ']' and changes the display to "[[link][description]". But using this minor mode, it keeps still just shows "link". If I turn minor mode off again, it's clear that the trailing bracket was deleted.

I took a look at the org source regarding links, but I couldn't quite figure out how org does this. It just calls org-delete-backward-char, which doesn't appear to have any magic for links.

Thanks
...cj