Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files

From: Ista Zahn
Subject: Re: [O] [ANN] Editable HTML export of Org-mode files
Date: Thu, 16 Aug 2012 16:50:19 -0400

On Thu, Aug 16, 2012 at 4:11 PM, Eric Schulte <address@hidden> wrote:

>> All is working as expected, and as expected it's really cool. Thank you!
>>

> Great, happy its working.
>

>> Now if I could just edit babel source blocks and have the results
>> blocks update on the fly I would be in R workshop presenter heaven.
>> Any chance of this sort of thing down the road?
>>

> Yea, I haven't implemented an edit interface for code blocks yet.  As
> you suggest I think that they could benefit from a customized edit
> interface, luckily Nicolas' org-export makes element-specific exports
> easy to implement.
>
> I'm not sure what sort of interaction would be best...
> - would a [RUN] button be useful
> - should just the body of the code block be editable, or everything
> - should code block results have a re-run button

Personally I would like to see it work pretty much the same as other
editable elements, except that it would re-run the code and update the
results block. So you could just

1) click to edit the source block
2) make changes to the code
3) click save

and any results block would be updated to the result of your changes in step 2.

Best,
Ista