Re: [O] how to use contrib packages through ELPA (specifically org-expor

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] how to use contrib packages through ELPA (specifically org-export)
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 13:08:46 +0200

Jambunathan K writes:
> Mainline version
>
> 1. Doesn't update `archive-contents' which is necessary in order to
>    browse packages in the repo with `list-packages'.  My private version
>    does it with `package-upload-file'.

That's the right place to do it, so that'll be implemented with the
upload.

> 2. Doesn't create README file.

Can't do either, since the source for the new README isn't included in
Git.  I do package the README, though.

> 3. Packs the whole repo.  My private version packs just the "original"
>    org-odt.el and style files.

Wait, are we talking about the same ELPA Org package?  I don't pack the
whole repo either, just lisp/, etc/styles, doc and a few files from
toplevel.

Regards,
Achim.