Re: [O] implement appt warntime

From: Ivan Kanis
Subject: Re: [O] implement appt warntime
Date: Sun, 19 Aug 2012 21:09:02 +0200

Hi Bastien,

Bastien <address@hidden> a écrit

> Hi Ivan,
>
> Ivan Kanis <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I could use properties instead. For example:
>>
>> ** an appointment with a reminder 5 minutes before 10:00
>>    SCHEDULED: <2012-07-16 Mon 10:00>
>>   :PROPERTIES:
>>   :WARNTIME: 5
>>   :END:
>
> I've implemented something along this idea, using APPT_WARNTIME instead
> to make sure this is only useful when adding the entry to the list of
> apptointment with `appt-add'.
>
> Please test and report any problem.

I tried is this evening and unfortunately it's not working.

I think the problem is in the following line in the function
org-agenda-to-appt:

(org-entry-get (point) "APPT_WARNTIME"))

I don't think (point) is in the right place after the parsing is done in
org-agenda-get-day-entries.

I guess that from the entries we can find the proper point in the
correct buffer.

Take care,
--
Ivan Kanis
http://ivan.kanis.fr

definition, not smart enough to debug it.
    -- Brian Kernighan

I am listening to "The XX - Stars".