Re: [O] new exporter and latex attributes

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] new exporter and latex attributes
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 01:34:16 -0400

Rick Frankel <address@hidden> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 21, 2012 at 12:54:25AM +0200, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:
> > Hello,
> >
> > Rick Frankel <address@hidden> writes:
> >
> > > Has the syntax for latex attributes changed in the new exporter, or is
> > > is the following a bug?
> >
> > Neither. Though, at some point, I'd like to change syntax for LaTeX
> > attributes for a plist-based one.
> >
> > Use something like the following.
> >
> > * Test width attribute
> > #+NAME: graph
> > #+begin_src dot :file t.png
> >   digraph g { a -> b }
> > #+end_src
> >
> > #+ATTR_LATEX: width=3in
> > #+RESULTS: graph
> > [[file:t.png]]
> >

> That doesn't make sense. In the current exporter, all attributes
> (html, latex, etc) applied to the export are placed directly before
> the source block. If you have to run the source block and then place
> the attributes just before the results line you disconnect the results
> from the source block, and the next time the source block is evaluated
> a second results block will be added to the file. Babel doesn't allow
> for anything between =#+end_src= and =#+results=.

Named source blocks will refresh the corresponding named results blocks
anywhere in the file: they don't produce a new set each time they are
executed and it doesn't matter whether they are "disconnected". I'm not
sure how far back this behavior goes, but it is how current (well,
slightly out-of-date but not too much) master-branch org behaves.

Nick

Org-mode version 7.8.11 (release_7.8.11-501-gc4050a @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)