Re: [O] [OT][GTD] GTDish next action "todo" keyword, could that influenc

From: Mike McLean
Subject: Re: [O] [OT][GTD] GTDish next action "todo" keyword, could that influence your productivity in any way?
Date: Tue, 21 Aug 2012 21:17:38 -0400

On Aug 21, 2012, at 6:50 PM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:

> Hi Mike,
>
> Mike McLean <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I have a grand thought of someday writing an agenda view or mode that
>> looks like a Kanban board -- I've seen some of what can be done with
>> respect to views in Emacs from the ~calfw~ package, so it is just a
>> matter of time.
>
> Just a thought: isn't this already possible with Agenda Blocks?
>
> You get the columns as rows, but you get the various categories
> displayed at once.

That is what I am doing now as my “non-visual” version. It actually works
pretty well. My thought is to create something like one of the online Kanban
boards for more visual impact.

I didn't elaborate before since the question was about TODO states, but I have
4 Kanban-named views in my ~org-agenda-custom-commands~; one view each for
BACKLOG, TODO, and DOING so that I can look at each stage individually and a
fourth with all three of those blocks as you suggest to get them all at once.

With Org babel, and my org-mode configuration being a ~.org~ file, I also
manage to achieve DRY. My three individual agenda blocks are defined once, and
the complete view just references them with <<>> noweb syntax.

Did I mention how awesome Org mode is ? I should have :)

Mike