Re: [O] advice on compiling org 7.9 for OSX Lion.

From: Filippo A. Salustri
Subject: Re: [O] advice on compiling org 7.9 for OSX Lion.
Date: Sat, 25 Aug 2012 15:57:48 -0400

Yes, John is right. Xcode is one-stop shopping for gcc, fortran (!?!?!), objective-c, all the command-line tools, etc & so on, without having to use macports or fink or whatever.  And it's a trivial installation.

(Note to non-Mac users; Lion client version comes with no compilation stuff cuz... well, it's a "client" :)

/fas

On 25 August 2012 15:44, John Hendy <address@hidden> wrote:
On Sat, Aug 25, 2012 at 2:39 PM, Achim Gratz <address@hidden> wrote:
> Filippo A. Salustri writes:
>> I haven't yet installed Xcode on some of my Lion machines, so I haven't
>> got 'make' everywhere.
>
> Why do you need Xcode to get make?

Having a Mac myself, I'm assuming the answer is that it's just the
easiest way. Pop in the DVD and install the gcc tools from the extras
folder. Is there a better way?

John

--
\V/_