[O] Preserving the geometry of a table range

From: Jarmo Hurri
Subject: [O] Preserving the geometry of a table range
Date: Sun, 26 Aug 2012 09:54:14 +0300

Greetings.

If you pass a table range to an elisp function in a tblfm - say, using
remote - the values in the range seem to be passed to the function as a
single list. Thus the geometry of the region is lost. Is it possible to
return a list of lists, e.g., a list of rows instead? Is this supported
by some notation in a tblfm formula? If not, could we have something
like this?

I ran into this problem while trying to make a contribution by
implementing functions corresponding to vlookup and hlookup in
traditional spreadsheets.  I have only used relatively basic properties
of org, so there might be a simple solution that I just don't know.

--

Jarmo