Re: [O] comma as decimal point: bug?

From: Rainer Thiel
Subject: Re: [O] comma as decimal point: bug?
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:08:59 +0200

Hi Bastien, hi Nicolas,

2012/8/26 Bastien <address@hidden>:
> But I guess it's confusing to align numbers as if they were numbers,
> and to then tell the users "well, they are not really numbers."

I myself indeed was confused, but now that I know it only concerns
aligning of numbers I have no problem living with it.  I had be
surprised by the supposed change, anyway, because Bastien (I think) in
earlier versions of the manual had most definitely excluded to allow
commas to be used as decimal points.

I am not a programmer and are probably unaware of the problems coming
up when allowing both dots and commas to be used as decimal points.
As a user, I can say it would be an advantage when exporting org-files
to LaTeX or ODT etc.

Many thanks again and best wishes

Rainer
--