Re: [O] [new exporter] Problems with entities

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] [new exporter] Problems with entities
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 11:33:26 +0200

Hello,

Thomas Holst <address@hidden> writes:

> While testing the new exporter we encountered problems with entities. We
> tried to make ligations work. In LaTeX you write '\/' for a ligation
> e.g. 'f\/ifteen'. To achieve that we set `org-entities-user':
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
>   (setq org-entities-user
>         '("Ligatur" "\\/" nil "" "" "" ""))
> #+END_SRC
>
> The following text is used to show the problem:
>
>   Dies ist eine Ligatur: f\/ifteen \alpha ab\-cd.
>
> With the old exporter the translation to LaTeX is:
>
>   Dies ist eine Ligatur: f\/ifteen $\alpha$ ab\-cd.
>
> Which is the expected result. With the new exporter we get:
>
>   Dies ist eine Ligatur: f$\backslash$/ifteen $\alpha$
>   ab$\backslash$-cd.
>
> As you can see the shy hyphen is also wrong. But \alpha is exported
> correctly. So I don't know what is happening here.

You have defined an entity named "Ligatur". If you want to apply it
during export, you have to write either \Ligatur or \Ligatur{}. For
example, \alpha is correctly exported since there is:

  ("alpha" "\\alpha" t "&alpha;" "alpha" "alpha" "α")

in `org-entities'.

Note that old exporter doesn't apply your entity either (entities usage
doesn't change between both exporters). It just gives up each time he
sees a backslash which isn't followed by a known entity name, assuming
this will be handled by LaTeX.

HTH,

Regards,

--