Re: [O] Kudos to Auréliens and Andrew who finished the GSoC successfull

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Kudos to Auréliens and Andrew who finished the GSoC successfully!
Date: Mon, 27 Aug 2012 10:15:02 -0600

Congrats to both of you on successfully completing these projects.

Having watched the videos and played around with the merge driver
locally these look like great additions to the Org-mode ecosystem.  I
hope these tools both receive publicity outside of the Org-mode mailing
list.

Ideally the gnu project will publish an announcement of successful GSOC
projects.  In addition it may be worthwhile to create pages for each
project on the Emacs Wiki [1] and to add announcements to the front page
of the orgmode.org site.

Also releasing Org-sync as an ELPA package [2] could increase its
visibility and user base.

Cheers and thanks for the excellent contributions!

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm happy to announce Aurélien and Andrew both passed the final
> evaluation for their GSoC.  Join me in congratulating them :)
>
> See their code in action:
>
> Aurélien's Org-sync:
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbj6-j0teCY
>
> Andrew's Org Merge driver (put your own favorite music):
>   http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GbaaFmoEfGw
>
> If you want to test the code:
>
>   ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-sync.git
>   ~$ git clone git://orgmode.org/org-merge-driver.git
>
> I'm really glad they went so far in these projects, despite
> the fact that I could not support them as much as I wanted.
>
> Here are some notes they shared with me about their project,
> don't hesitate to pick up some news and ask questions.
>
> Enjoy!

[...]

Footnotes:
[1]  http://www.emacswiki.org/

[2]  http://tromey.com/elpa/

     The following has the best documentation I've found on how to
     bundle an ELPA package (just ignore the Marmalade-specific parts).

     http://marmalade-repo.org/doc-files/package.5.html

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte