Re: [O] Multicolumn

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Multicolumn
Date: Tue, 28 Aug 2012 16:39:13 -1000

Neuwirth Erich <address@hidden> writes:

> My problem is that the tables are produce by R code snippets.
> The code snippets produce plain org tables, bracketed by attributes
> identifying
> the text as ORG code.
>

> #+RESULTS:
> #+BEGIN_ORG
> | Jahr | Region | m   | w   | pWert | m.se  | w.se  |
> |------+--------+-----+-----+-------+-------+-------|
> | 2000 | Sonst  | 508 | 507 | 0.85  | 4.91  | 4.93  |
> #+END_ORG
>

> I am able to insert additional lines before and after the text produce
> by the R commands with the following technique (in R):
>

> print(as.table(NULL),quote=FALSE,type="org")
> cat("|-------|\n")
> print(res,type="org")
> cat("|-------|\n")
>

> So I could write a line with my multicol headers.
> But for that to work, org mode would have to honor multicol indicators
> in the text.

Alternatively, compose latex or html tables in R and then have the source
code block :results output latex or :results output html

That should wrap the output in #+BEGIN_LATEX ... #+END_LATEX, which org
will export directly to LaTeX, or #+BEGIN_HTML ... #+END_HTML, which org
will export directly to HTML.

hth,
Tom

--