Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Wed, 29 Aug 2012 20:14:36 +0200

Bastien writes:
>> I got a mail from Robert (apparently not sent to the list) that the
>> error was related to his use of some stuff in contrib/, resulting in a
>> mixed installation.
>
> How the use of stuff in contrib/ can prevent the ELPA package from
> Robert can give some -- I had a similar problem, as you know, and
> didn't find the time to digg further so far.

The exact recipe for reproduction I don't know because even though I use
stuff from contrib/ it works for me without any error.  I suspect that
since I have a fairly recent installation of Org in site-lisp Emacs just
gets the autoloads from there if things go wrong and that's just the
same stuff it would pick up from ELPA.  I wont have time for a week or
so to remove this installation and see what happens…

I seem to remember there was some talk on Emacs devel that the package
manager loaded the activation code too late in saome cases, but I can't
find it right now.  You might ask Tom Tromey.  Emacs needs to grow a way
to de-activate the built-in package when it gets a new one via ELPA, but
that hasn't been implemented yet.

Robert said he removed the contrib stuff and things start to work for
him — apparently he's away for a few days so we may not hear from him
until he's back.

Regards,
Achim.

Samples for the Waldorf Blofeld: