[O] Property var alters behavior of org variables in R code blocks

From: Johannes Meisig
Subject: [O] Property var alters behavior of org variables in R code blocks
Date: Thu, 30 Aug 2012 11:40:32 +0200

Hi,

I encountered the following problem using org-mode with R code blocks. When using #PROPERTY: var in my org file to set global variables, R stops to recognize the column names of org tables defined like this:

#+TBLNAME: parameters-xlinked
| A | B |
|---+---|
| 1 | 2 |

#+begin_src R :session :var par.xlinked=parameters-xlinked :results output org
   ascii(par.xlinked)
#+end_src

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_ORG
 |   | V1   | V2   |
|---+------+------|
| 1 | 1.00 | 2.00 |
#+END_ORG

without the variable defined I get the correct header:

#+RESULTS:
#+BEGIN_ORG
| 1 | 1.00 | 2.00 |
#+END_ORG

So, somehow setting the variable property messes with the variable interface to R.

Johannes