Re: [O] repeater not working?

From: Memnon Anon
Subject: Re: [O] repeater not working?
Date: Sat, 1 Sep 2012 19:08:14 +0000 (UTC)

Alan Schmitt <address@hidden> writes:

> I'm starting to play with repeaters, and I cannot make them work. Here
> is a sample of a small file I have:
>
> *** Archive Mail [2/2]
>     SCHEDULED: <2012-09-01 Sat +1m>
> **** DONE Read and archive all mail (orgmode, Sent)
>      CLOSED: [2012-09-01 Sat 15:03]
> **** DONE Create monthly folder and move mail there
>      CLOSED: [2012-09-01 Sat 15:06]

http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.html#ChecklistHandling describes a similar
case.

For minor (less than 5 minutes) subtasks like "Create folder, move mail
there", I would not want that to show up in my agenda, but only the
"real" task at hand: Archive Mail.

#+BEGIN_SRC org

* TODO Archive Mail [0/2]
   SCHEDULED: <2012-09-01 Sat +1m>
   :PROPERTIES:
   RESET_CHECK_BOXES: t
   :END:

   - [ ] Read and archive all mail (orgmode, Sent)
   - [ ] Create monthly folder and move mail there

#+END_SRC

>As you can see, subtasks are done, and I have set a repeater for the
>scheduling for one month. If I go on the first line and close the entry,
>I get the following:
>
>*** DONE Archive Mail [2/2]
>    CLOSED: [2012-09-01 Sat 15:13] SCHEDULED: <2012-09-01 Sat +1m>

The entry should go back to TODO and SCHEDULED: <2012-10-01 Mon +1m> ...

What is your org-todo-keywords sequence?
Did you set org-todo-repeat-to-state? (Should not be necessary...)