[O] org-url-hexify-p default can be fragile?

From: James Harkins
Subject: [O] org-url-hexify-p default can be fragile?
Date: Tue, 04 Sep 2012 18:29:33 +0800

Related to my earlier question about links -- the default of org-url-hexify-p
is true, which has the side effect for naïve users that links to a subtree in a
different file can no longer open the file automagically.

I guess there's a good reason to do that, but it threw me for a loop. (Actually
I kind of guessed that it might happen, since I didn't see anywhere that the
connections between the hashes and the target files were persisted, but trusted
that org might have some magic and handle it gracefully, since it handles
everything else gracefully :-p )

Just a thought. Not sure if it's worth changing, but it's a bit of a
discrepancy, in that most of org-mode follows the principle of least surprise
quite well but this does not: I store and insert a link, and it might not work
after closing Emacs.

hjh

--
James Harkins /// dewdrop world