Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9

From: Achim Gratz
Subject: Re: [O] Org-mode release 7.9
Date: Sun, 09 Sep 2012 12:35:10 +0200

Bastien writes:
> Let's take the easy road then.

I'll work on that in maint, is this OK?

> I'd suggest org+ as the name of the package.

Hmm… I'd rather avoid that since "+" is a reserved character in file
names on some systems.  How about orgplus?

> Hosting it on something like orgmode.org/pkg/daily/elpa_ would
> do I guess, then the ELPA servers would have to download it.

What I don't know is how to make sure that only one of these packages
gets installed.  It could become quite confusing if someone decides to
install both and have different versions of them.  The package manager
knows to remove an older version of the same package, but I don't think
you can tell it to remove a different package, so we need to educate the
prospective user to do this.  Suggestions?

Regards,
Achim.