Re: [O] [Contest] Redesign orgmode.org by the end of august

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] [Contest] Redesign orgmode.org by the end of august
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 02:25:26 +0200

Hi Takaaki,

Takaaki ISHIKAWA <address@hidden> writes:

> I copied index.org into ./ja directory with Japanese translation (not
> completed yet).
> The translation will be finished until this week end.

Great -- I added links to the translated versions of the website in the
top left corner (under the logo).

> I made a branch "ja" in the orgweb repository for translation work.
> If this is not good for you and all, please let me know.

It's perfectly fine, but public branches are more when several people
are likely to work on it.  Now you can make your changes directly on
master, they will be published immediately.

> By the way, do you have any solution to check the translated result in a
> browser (through HTTP)?
> HTML export from org files is a solution, but I'm not sure the layout and
> visual quality is correct.
> And also internal links between pages should be checked before pushing them
> into orgweb repository.

Please have a look at the french translation for the internal links.

Otherwise, I don't think there is a quick way for this -- just be
bold and go ahead, we can fix things later on.

Thanks for your work on this!

--
 Bastien