Re: [O] patch for orgweb for better resolution in narrow browsers

From: Bastien
Subject: Re: [O] patch for orgweb for better resolution in narrow browsers
Date: Thu, 13 Sep 2012 08:44:46 +0200

Hi Eric,

Eric Schulte <address@hidden> writes:

> I just recently noticed the new web site, I think it looks great!

Thanks!

> However when the browser window is not very wide (>1000px) the elements
> overflow in an unappealing manner [1].  As an example of how the page
> looks in my browser see the attached [2], it's not egregious but it is
> less than ideal and gets worse as the screen gets narrower.
>
> Attached please find a patch to the orgweb repo which adds a couple of
> css @media queries to shrink images and remove wide margins on smaller
> screens.  Additionally I'm attaching a patch which will ignore exported
> html files in this repo.

For some reason, I cannot apply the patch -- as if the email was in
HTML (but I don't see it as HTML... weird.)

Could you send it again as a simple attachment?

> As another minor note which is unfortunately beyond my web abilities to
> address, with very narrow screens the quote pop-up can make the
> "download and install" link unreachable.

Maybe we can simply #quote {display:none;} for narrow screens.

PS: I'm about to leave right now and we be back later tonight.

Thanks,

--
 Bastien