[O] exporting, using names, and inline source code blocks

From: Erich Neuwirth
Subject: [O] exporting, using names, and inline source code blocks
Date: Sat, 15 Sep 2012 10:18:11 +0200

I am using the latest version from ELPA, 20120903, OSX 10.8.1, and Emacs 24.2.1

The following document describes something which I perceive as strange behavior
and a wish at the end.

#+title: Names test

Define a name with a value

#+name: nameval
#+begin_src elisp :session *elisp* :results value :exports both
321
#+end_src

The above does not export the value to LaTeX-pdf export if it is not executed
with C-c C-c in the document

Define a value in elisp

#+begin_src elisp :session *elisp* :results value :exports both
(setq lispval 123)
#+end_src

The above does not export the value to LaTeX-pdf export if it is not executed
with C-c C-c in the document

Simple call to =src_elisp= lispval equals
src_elisp[:session *elisp* :results raw]{lispval}

The above does not export the value to LaTeX-pdf export if it is not executed
with C-c C-c in the document

Enhanced call to =src_elisp= lispval equals
src_elisp[:session *elisp* :results raw :exports results]{lispval}

The above does not export the value to LaTeX-pdf export if it is not executed
with C-c C-c in the document

I tried exporting both to LaTeX-pdf and to html.

I would like a way which would allow me to use the value of the name =nameval=
inline