Re: [O] New user, my use case, request basic advice

From: Charles Philip Chan
Subject: Re: [O] New user, my use case, request basic advice
Date: Mon, 17 Sep 2012 15:24:02 -0400

David Rogers <address@hidden> writes:

Hi David:

> My main goals:
>
> 1. I need audible alerts from my phone for appointments & reminders
>    when I'm away from home. I don't really mind how those are
>    accomplished, but I have to hear a sound of some kind at the
>    appropriate times. I can't be counted on to check my phone
>    periodically - I need the phone to "check" me instead, or I'll forget
>    a lot of things. For example, I'm very attracted to 0rg-notify, but
>    have no clue how to transfer that functionality onto the phone. (SSH
>    the phone onto the server and run emacs on there? But I don't even
>    know if that would give audible alerts.)
>
> 2. I need a way (any reasonable way) of keeping the home computer's
>    appointments & reminders, and the phone's appointments & reminders,
>    in sync. Automatic sync is nice but definitely not a requirement - I
>    can sync manually if needed. (MobileOrg the obvious choice? or
>    something else?)

Since you use Android, the solution is:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.matburt.mobileorg&feature=nav_result#?t=W251bGwsMSwxLDMsImNvbS5tYXRidXJ0Lm1vYmlsZW9yZyJd

in conjunction with org-mobile.el, which is part of org-mode. Please
read the manual:

http://orgmode.org/manual/MobileOrg.html

Cheers,
Charles

--
How do I type "for i in *.dvi do xdvi i done" in a GUI?
(Discussion in comp.os.linux.misc on the intuitiveness of interfaces.)