Re: [O] Extra space between list items in HTML export

From: Richard Stanton
Subject: Re: [O] Extra space between list items in HTML export
Date: Tue, 18 Sep 2012 09:13:05 -0700

>Hi Nick,
>
>Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The old exporter does that: it breaks the second up into three lists,
>>each with a single
>> element. The first is a single list with three elements.
>
>Which is wrong IMO.
>
>> The new exporter produces a single list with three elements, although
>>it includes
>> the section number for each entry - this might be a bug.
>
>Which is right.
>
>1 to 0 for the new exporter!
>
>--
> Bastien

I prefer the old behavior. Let me explain why, in case there's another way
to achieve what I want.

Often I want to create a simple list of TODO items, where I don't want
each item to start a new section, with all the extra space, bold fonts,
etc., that entails. I'd do this using a standard itemized list, except
that (at least last time I checked) org mode insists on TODO items being
headers. To work around this, I use h:2 (say) so that I can make my TODO
items third-level headers and have them printed as an itemized list, as
desired. With the new behavior, this seems impossible, but I can't believe
I'm the only person for whom this is a useful capability.

Richard