Re: [O] Macro and babel

From: Sean O'Halpin
Subject: Re: [O] Macro and babel
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 07:54:06 +0100

On Wed, Sep 19, 2012 at 1:54 AM, tony day <address@hidden> wrote:

> I had written this:
>
> ,----
> | #+MACRO: testdir ~/working
> | #+begin_src sh
> |   cd  {{{testdir}}}
> | #+end_src
> `----
>
> Thinking it would do this:
>
> ,----
> | #+begin_src sh
> |   cd ~/working
> | #+end_src
> `----
> Alas, #+Macro acts on export only.
>
> Is there a quick way to effect general text substitution on C-c C-c?  That
> would be an awesome feature, basically adding macro capabilities to every
> babelable language.  Or am I missing something?
>

> Tony

Here's a somewhat roundabout way of achieving something similar:

#+BEGIN_ORG

#+NAME: test-dir2
#+BEGIN_SRC sh :var dir="." :results output org :exports none
echo "
,#+begin_src sh
cd $dir
,#+end_src
"
#+END_SRC

#+CALL: test-dir2(dir="~/org") :results value raw :exports both

#+CALL: test-dir2(dir="/var/www/") :results value raw :exports both

#+END_ORG

HTH,
Sean