Re: [O] Inline and executing the document

From: Eric Schulte
Subject: Re: [O] Inline and executing the document
Date: Wed, 19 Sep 2012 08:09:16 -0600

Erich Neuwirth <address@hidden> writes:

> The following examples shows some issues

All of these examples execute as expected.  It is not always possible to
automatically identify and remove the results of a code block execution.
Remember that Org-mode files are just plain text.

> #+title: Inline formatting
>
> Inline code examples
>
> src_emacs-lisp{(+ 2 3)}

Inline code blocks like the above are mainly intended for use during
execution, not to be executed in the buffer during normal use.

> src_emacs-lisp[:results raw]{(2 + 5)}

The above is not valid elisp, but the same statement still applies.

> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp
> (+ 11 12)
> #+END_SRC
>
> #+RESULTS:
> : 23
>
> #+BEGIN_SRC emacs-lisp :results raw
> (+ 11 13)
> #+End_Src

By definition "raw" results are not marked in any way and thus can not
be removed from the buffer.  Maybe try ":results wrap" if you want
un-quoted un-exampled results which can still be automatically removed.

Best,

--
Eric Schulte
http://cs.unm.edu/~eschulte