Re: [O] Sending commits to Org

From: Philipp Kroos
Subject: Re: [O] Sending commits to Org
Date: Thu, 20 Sep 2012 19:07:00 +0200

Hi,

I think you're still on master when you make your changes.
git maintains your *local copy* of master as 'master', whereas the
original, unchanged upstream branch master is still available as
'origin/master'. You create a patch against a different branch, and
since you are on 'master' which differs from 'origin/master', it works
like you described.
If you first create a branch on your side and switch to it before making
changes, you can run format-patch against your local copy of master as
well.
That is,

#+begin_src sh
  git branch local
  git checkout local
  # make your changes
  git commit -m "Your message"
  git format-patch master
#+end_src          ^^^^^^

This is also the procedure described in
http://orgmode.org/worg/org-contribute.html#sec-4
under *Sending commits, and it should work fine this way.

philipp