Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user

From: Carsten Dominik
Subject: Re: [O] Problem with org-entities-user
Date: Sat, 22 Sep 2012 16:57:19 +0200

On 22.9.2012, at 10:52, Nicolas Goaziou wrote:

> Hello,
>
> Carsten Dominik <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> The only thing is:  I do use Org to draft documents intended to
>> be later fine-tuned as LaTeX documents, while I don't usually
>> do this for other backends.  So the ability to put in naked
>> LaTeX formatting commands does have value and convenience for
>> me personally.
>
> If the LaTeX command doesn't require an argument, you can always add it
> to `org-entities-user'.

Yes, even though this is not very clean by itself.

> Otherwise, you may define a macro like the
> following:
>
>  #+MACRO: sc @@e-latex:\textsc{@@$1@@e-latex:}@@
>
> I agree that's not as convenient to set up. But once it is done, it's as
> easy to use as raw commands.

True.

> Anyway this is a minor point. I guess it will be swept under the rug of
> historical reasons, after all.

Maybe not.  I can go along with your arguments for cleanness.  Would you object
to keeping this feature in as an option, turned off be default, so that it is
at least easy to keep lengthy files working?

The way I understand it, the new exporter will be default in 8.0, so this is
the time to make some incompatible changes.  But if it is possible to support
this as an option, I would like it.

Regards

- Carsten