Re: [O] Bug: Bad timestamp 'habit'

From: Sebastien Vauban
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: Bad timestamp 'habit'
Date: Wed, 03 Oct 2012 09:28:09 +0200

Hi,

Bill Jacobson wrote:
> On 10/02/2012 05:05 PM, T.F. Torrey wrote:
>> I am currently unable to produce an agenda from my files.  This bug
>> crept in somewhere in the last few days, but I'm not sure exactly when.
>>
>> This habit timestamp:
>>
>> SCHEDULED: <2012-08-08 Wed .+1d>

For the sake of accuracy, this ain't an habit, this is a repeater -- IIUC.

>> Produces this error:
>>
>> condition-case: Bad timestamp `habit' at 210773 in buffer `Writing.org'
>> Error was: (Not a standard Org-mode time string: habit)
>>
>> It works if I use the min/max format (<2012-08-08 Wed .+1d/2d>), but I
>> don't want to do that, and according to the manual, that isn't required.

That's an habit for me: when you specify min/max, as you do here.

>> Also, in this bug report data, I wonder why org-loaddefs.el can not be
>> found.  I run the org from a git repo, not compiled.
>>
>> Emacs : GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (i686-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 3.4.2) of
>>   2012-09-28 on louvi, modified by Debian Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2
>>   (release_7.9.2-383-g09d6bc-git @ org-loaddefs.el can not be found!)
>>
>> If no one else sees this, I'll dig through my files to see what's
>> broken, but I see lots of work has been done to the agenda creator
>> recently, and maybe this is a new problem and an easy fix.
>
> Same problem here: GNU Emacs 24.2.1 Org-mode version 7.9.2
> (release_7.9.2-382-g1ef9ee)
>
> I pull nightly and first noticed this behavior today.

I also have a similar problem since yesterday morning or so: such timestamped
dates (I mean: *repeaters*, SCHEDULED or not) are visible everyday of my
agenda, while most of them should only be visible once a week:

** Review my tasks and projects
   <2011-01-07 Fri 14:00-16:00 +1w>

Best regards,
  Seb