Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)

From: John Hendy
Subject: Re: [O] From latest maint/master, no need to (require 'org-install)
Date: Wed, 3 Oct 2012 12:23:21 -0500

On Wed, Oct 3, 2012 at 4:26 AM, Bastien <address@hidden> wrote:
> Hi Charles,
>
> Charles <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I ran make autoloads again and then make update2 - no complaints this time.
>>
>> Was this to be expected?
>
> There might be some hicups in the transition from the old org-install
> way to the new org-loaddefs way, but if things are fine then it's fine.

Or does this have to do with Emacs version. In your original
announcement, you said:

,---
| This is not yet in Emacs trunk but will be in Emacs 24.3.
`---

I didn't follow if that was about removing (require 'org-install) or
only about something having to do with autoloading. Charles mentioned
he is using Emacs 24.2.1, so I just thought to mention this. For
finality... will *all* versions of Emacs now allow for removing
(require 'org-install) with a fresh git pull of orgmode, or does one
need to be using Emacs 24.3?

Thanks,
John