[O] Suggestion: Replace #+SETUP_FILE with #+INCLUDE

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: [O] Suggestion: Replace #+SETUP_FILE with #+INCLUDE
Date: Wed, 10 Oct 2012 14:08:41 +0200

Hello,

I'd like to remove #+SETUP_FILE (that is #+SETUPFILE in the old
exporter) from the new exporter.

The reasoning behind this is that #+INCLUDE already provides a similar
feature (and some others). I.e. you can almost always do:

#+INCLUDE: "my-setup.org"

instead of

#+SETUP_FILE: "my-setup.org"

The only difference is that contents of #+SETUP_FILE are not included in
the final document; they are just read. The only use case I can think of
is when one's want to share the same keywords as a file but without its
contents. But then, it's possible to strip keywords from both files and
store them in a third one, that will be included everywhere.

Therefore, I don't see any reason to keep maintaining the #+SETUP_FILE
keyword. I'd rather remove it and suggest to use #+INCLUDE: keyword
instead.

Any objection?

Regards,

--