Re: [O] Bug: org-read-date: problem with year in dotted european date in

From: Gregor Zattler
Subject: Re: [O] Bug: org-read-date: problem with year in dotted european date input [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-436-g9b11e6 @ /home/grfz/src/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Sat, 13 Oct 2012 10:12:21 +0200

Hi Nicolas,
* Nicolas Goaziou <address@hidden> [12. Oct. 2012]:
> Gregor Zattler <address@hidden> writes:
>
>> I now believe I found a bug in org-read-date.  There is a problem
>> parsing European dotted dates.  In Dates the like DD.MM.YYYY or
>> DD.MM.YY or DD.MM. `MM' is recognised as year instead of month:
>>
>> Today is 2012-10-11:
>>
>> (org-read-date t nil "Kommt am 27.10.2012 um 14:00 Uhr")
>> gives
>> "2010-10-27"
>> expectet outcome is
>> "2012-10-27"
>
> AFAICT `org-read-date' expects a date string alone, not a date string in
> the middle of some text.
>
>   (org-read-date t nil "12.10.") => "2012-10-12"

For me this is about the date/time prompt when capturing.  I had
a look at org-time-stamp and had the impression that the actual
parsing of the users input is done in org-read-date.  But
obviously my basic elisp knowledge isn't up to such complex
functions.

Back to square one: Does anybody know How to customise
Emacs/org-mode so that dotted European dates are parsed correctly
at the date/time prompt?

Ciao, Gregor
--