Re: [O] Speeding up the agenda search

From: Marcelo de Moraes Serpa
Subject: Re: [O] Speeding up the agenda search
Date: Mon, 22 Oct 2012 11:36:05 -0500

Anyone else with huge org "databases" out there? Any tips on improving performance of the agenda search would be appreciated :)

On Sat, Oct 20, 2012 at 12:29 AM, Marcelo de Moraes Serpa <address@hidden> wrote:
Hello everyone,

My list of files in the agenda got to a considerable size. It still searchable, but some types of search, such as PROPERTY, usually lock down emacs and I'm forced to kill the process. Is there any way to speed it up? Perhaps by compiling the elisp files to bytecode?

I'm on OSX Lion, emacs: GNU Emacs 23.4.1 (x86_64-apple-darwin, NS apple-appkit-1038.36) of 2012-01-29 on bob.porkrind.org
orgmode: Org-mode version 7.9.1 (release_7.9.1-299-g08c5ea.dirty-git @ mixed installation! /Applications/Emacs.app/Contents/Resources/lisp/org/ and /Users/fullofcaffeine/.emacs.d/vendor/org/lisp/)

Any hints appreciated,

- Marcelo.