Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound

From: Nick Dokos
Subject: Re: [O] TeX-master: TeX-master is let-bound
Date: Mon, 29 Oct 2012 19:25:30 -0400

Christopher Schmidt <address@hidden> wrote:

> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:
> > What missing variable definition? By the time the export is finished,
> > the let-bind is gone. There is no definition of TeX-master anywhere,
> > just as if you never had org loaded: why should auctex object to that?
> >
> > So I don't understand why it would break: all the common scenarios
> > that I have tried work with no problem for me. I can load an org file,
> > export to latex, open the latex file (which loads auctex) and do
> > auctex things to it. I don't get any error. What exactly do I have to
> > do in order to break it?
>
> In org-latex.el, within the binding:
>
>     (if to-buffer
>         (unless (eq major-mode 'latex-mode) (latex-mode))
>       (save-buffer))

You mean that's where you get the error?

> Recipe:
>
>     emacs -q # + AUCTeX
>     C-x b rms RET
>     M-x org-mode RET
>     M-: (insert "a") RET
>     C-x h
>     M-x org-export-region-as-latex RET
>
>     # In buffer *Org LaTeX Export*
>     C-c C-c
>
>     TeX-command-master: Symbol's value as variable is void: TeX-master
>
>         Christopher

I get latex errors saying it cannot find <none>.tex but no emacs errors:

,----
| ERROR: I can't find file `<none>.tex'.
|
| --- TeX said ---
| ! I can't find file `<none>.tex'.
| --- HELP ---
| TeX can't find a file that it needs. If the name of the missing file
| has the extension tex, then it is looking for an input file that you
| specified---either your main file or another file inserted with an
| \input or \include command. If the missing file has the extension sty
| , then you have specified a nonexistent document style or style
| option.
`----

Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-533-g07c889 @
/home/nick/elisp/org-mode/lisp/)
GNU Emacs 24.2.50.1 (x86_64-unknown-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.24.4) of
2012-09-21 on alphaville

Nick