Re: [O] Capture error

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Capture error
Date: Tue, 30 Oct 2012 06:42:15 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Hi Nick,
>>
>> I tried moving org-capture.elc out of the way and reloading Org, but
>> with the same results.  Starting emacs again didn't make a difference.
>>
>> I'm still getting org-refile: Invalid function: with-demoted-errors
>>

> But note the different error: now org-refile complains. It may have had
> the same compilation problem that the original function had. I'd suggest
> cleaning out all the .elc files, trying it, and if that succeeds, remaking
> from scratch.

Sharp eyes!  You must have been down this road before.

Yes, cleaning out the .elc files corrects the problem.  However, the
problem comes back with a new make update.

Thanks for your help and the interim solution.

Any idea if the compilation problem is something in my setup that I
should worry about? Or is it likely a problem with the Org build process
that will get ironed out?

All the best,
Tom

--