Re: [O] Capture error

From: Thomas S. Dye
Subject: Re: [O] Capture error
Date: Wed, 31 Oct 2012 11:20:22 -1000

Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

> Thomas S. Dye <address@hidden> wrote:
>
>> Nick Dokos <address@hidden> writes:

>> > But note the different error: now org-refile complains. It may have had
>> > the same compilation problem that the original function had. I'd suggest
>> > cleaning out all the .elc files, trying it, and if that succeeds, remaking
>> > from scratch.
>>
>> Sharp eyes!  You must have been down this road before.
>>
>> Yes, cleaning out the .elc files corrects the problem.  However, the
>> problem comes back with a new make update.
>>
>> Thanks for your help and the interim solution.
>>
>> Any idea if the compilation problem is something in my setup that I
>> should worry about? Or is it likely a problem with the Org build process
>> that will get ironed out?
>>

> Not sure. I don't see the problem in my setup, and I believe you use emacs
> on a Mac, so it *may* be specific to your setup.
>
> OTOH, the with-demoted-errors calls were introduced recently, so there
> may be a more general problem that I might not see because of
> peculiarities in *my* setup.

Thanks for pointing me to the solution. The automated build was finding
the emacs that came with the Mac, which is apparently too old to know
about with-demoted-errors.  If I use local.mk to point to the emacs I'm
using from MacPorts, then do make update, all seems to be well.

All the best,
Tom

--
Thomas S. Dye