[O] Capture template -- Global replacement of prompt string in buffer?

From: Michael Baum
Subject: [O] Capture template -- Global replacement of prompt string in buffer?
Date: Fri, 2 Nov 2012 14:13:34 -0400

I'm not sure (because I didn't understand what was going on) if this is the same question that Sebastian Fischmeister  asked earlier ("Custom escapes & the evaluation order in fill-template"), but is it possible to construct a capture template using something like the %{prompt} that replaces _all_ occurrences of the prompt string throughout the capture buffer,  rather than just at the insertion point of the escape _expression_?

I want to do something like this:
-----------8<--------------------------------
("p" "phone log" entry (file+datetree org-phone-log)
"* %^{Organization} - %^{First Name} %^{Last Name}
:PROPERTIES:
:FIRST_NAME: {First Name}
:LAST_NAME: {Last Name}
:ORG: {Organization}
:END:

usw.

where the value entered in response to {First Name} gets globally substituted in two or more places in the template.

Can this be done?

tnx,
maab

--
Michael Baum <address@hidden>

You should never have your best trousers on when you go out
 to fight for freedom and truth. - Ibsen