Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom age

From: Alan Schmitt
Subject: Re: [O] org-agenda-ignore-scheduled not taken into account in custom agenda blocks?
Date: Wed, 21 Nov 2012 08:30:58 +0100

Samuel Wales <address@hidden> writes:

>> Or I just misunderstood everything and got it to work by mistake ;-)
>
> That is my guess.  :)
>
> tags-todo is not a general tag search.
>
> The manual shows the different search types.

If I'm reading org-agenda.el correctly, tags-todo is a tags search
restricted to todo items. In fact, if I had read the documentation for
org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled, it would have spared me much testing.
It says right there to use "org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options".

#+BEGIN_QUOTE
org-agenda-todo-ignore-scheduled is a variable defined in `org-agenda.el'.
Its value is nil

Documentation:
Non-nil means, ignore some scheduled TODO items when making TODO list.
This applies when creating the global todo list.
Valid values are:

past     Don't show entries scheduled today or in the past.

future   Don't show entries scheduled in the future.
         The idea behind this is that by scheduling it, you don't want to
         think about it until the scheduled date.

all      Don't show any scheduled entries in the global todo list.
         The idea behind this is that by scheduling it, you have already
         "taken care" of this item.

t        Same as `all', for backward compatibility.

This variable can also have an integer as a value.  See
`org-agenda-todo-ignore-timestamp' for more details.

See also `org-agenda-todo-ignore-with-date'.
See also the variable `org-agenda-tags-todo-honor-ignore-options' if you want
to make his option also apply to the tags-todo list.
#+END_QUOTE

Alan