Re: [O] Exchange calendar to orgmode (Chris Raschl)

From: Russell Carden
Subject: Re: [O] Exchange calendar to orgmode (Chris Raschl)
Date: Thu, 29 Nov 2012 12:03:23 -0600

Hi Russell,

On 11/29/2012 06:35 PM, Russell Carden wrote:
Can you tell me more about your script or about how a calendar in an
exchange server works.

All it does is fetch your calendar and use the subject as headline and formats the date scheduled in the event so orgmode can pick it up.

Each event has a unique id?

On the exchange server side, i guess. But it's not used in my script.

Do you dump this info into your org-file.

It does write the result to stdout. I use a cronjob to execute it and redirect it's output into a file which is configured as agenda file in orgmode.

Does your script sync the org-file with the exchange
server?

No. It's just exchange to orgmode. It does no sync at all.

> Would it be possible to create a link from org-mode that would
open up a particular event in your exchange calendar?

Possibly to the OWA webinterface. But I'm not sure about that.

Wouldn't you prefer to discuss this on the list? Maybe others are interested too...

- chris