Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.

From: Vikas Rawal
Subject: Re: [O] The statement on what is orgmode.
Date: Fri, 7 Dec 2012 10:00:52 +0900

> Suggested slight change which mentions RR in addition to LP, and doesn't
> abuse the outline syntax (one of the most common beginner mistakes IMO).
>
> Org-mode is useful for
> - Organising projects, maintaining TODO lists and calendars
> - Creating high quality formatted documents
> - Keeping notes
> - Literate programming and Reproducible Research

May I also say that, and I perhaps see it this way because I am not a
developer myself, it is useful to keep this top blurb simple and
accessible to non-geeks. orgmode is incredible. And it is really not
all that difficult and inaccessible. It is super-simple to use, and
from what I understand, this simplicity was at the core when Carsten
created it. You don't need to know any latex or html, and you can
produce brilliant documents. Etc...

orgmode is really something that can be enormously useful to writers,
social scientists, and a lot of other people. Some of our
documentation must remain as simple and accessible to non-geeks as, I
think, our software is.

Vikas