Re: [O] texinfo back-end won't export to INFO

From: Nicolas Goaziou
Subject: Re: [O] texinfo back-end won't export to INFO
Date: Tue, 18 Dec 2012 19:20:31 +0100

Hello,

Bastien <address@hidden> writes:

> I think this calls for a new variable `org-export-after-rendering-hook'
> which will operate after the final stage of the export process, in the
> export buffer.  Filters are fine but their complexity is not useful here.
>
> Then we could add 'texinfo-all-menus-update to this hook.
>
> Nicolas, what do you think?

There is no such thing as an "export buffer" in the new exporter,
`org-export-as' produces a string.

Though, there is `org-export-filter-final-output-functions', which will
operate on the last string produced by `org-export-as'. You may create
a function that will insert that string in a buffer, apply
`texinfo-all-menus-update' and call `buffer-string', and add it to that
filter set.

Note that complexity of filters is the same as hook: you add functions
to a list. A filter function requires three arguments.

Regards,

--
Nicolas Goaziou