[O] Bug: Can't edit example blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /

From: Bernt Hansen
Subject: [O] Bug: Can't edit example blocks [7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @ /home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)]
Date: Tue, 25 Dec 2012 17:12:07 -0500

The following source blocks refer to http://doc.norang.ca/org-mode.org

org-mode.org line 1553

#+begin_example
Default Task
[d] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
The task interrupted by starting the last one
[i] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
Current Clocking Task
[c] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
Recent Tasks
[1] org             NEXT Document my use of org-mode      <-- Task A
[2] norang          Organization                          <-- Task B
[Z] org             DONE Fix default section links        <-- 35 clock task
entries ago
#+end_example

C-c ' in the example block gives

#+begin_example
Debugger entered--Lisp error: (error "No special environment to edit here")
  signal(error ("No special environment to edit here"))
  user-error("No special environment to edit here")
  org-edit-special()
  call-interactively(org-edit-special nil nil)
#+end_example

This used to work in previous org versions

Usecase: I find it convenient to edit in a separate buffer, select
         everything with C-x h, cut it and replace it than working on
         the data in the example block.  When example blocks are
         indented in list entries org-edit-special automatically
         indents the contents inside the indented #+begin_example
         ... #+end_example lines already properly indented for the
         list.

Emacs  : GNU Emacs 23.2.1 (i486-pc-linux-gnu, GTK+ Version 2.20.0)
 of 2010-12-11 on raven, modified by Debian
Package: Org-mode version 7.9.2 (release_7.9.2-781-g5de94e @
/home/bernt/git/org-mode/lisp/)