Re: [O] A mail client that is org-mode compatible

From: Robert Goldman
Subject: Re: [O] A mail client that is org-mode compatible
Date: Thu, 03 Jan 2013 12:45:31 -0600

On 1/3/13 Jan 3 -4:17 AM, Daniel Clemente wrote:
> El Wed, 02 Jan 2013 13:07:20 -0600 Robert Goldman va escriure:
>>
>> Thunderbird, which I have been using, doesn't support links to messages.
>>  OTOH, it has the best IMAP client I have found, so I keep coming back
>> to it.
>>
>> Gnus:  I regret to say that despite having tried it at least three
>> times, I have never managed to wrap my head around the gnus doctrine
>> that mail is just news, so I cannot use it.
>>

>   Wanderlust speaks IMAP natively and works in a similar way to Thunderbird.
> It does not store e-mails locally, although it uses some caché.
>   Probably others too.

Thank you so much.  I recall trying to install Wanderlust in the past
and getting tripped up by the need to install SEMI, APEL and FLIM, which
didn't successfully build for me (Aquamacs).

Wanderlust still seems pretty difficult to set up:

The INSTALL instructions for Wanderlust (on github) have not been
updated in 2 years.  They give instructions for up-to-date Emacs
versions like 20.4 and they are unclear about whether to use FLIM or
CLIME, or where to get the latter.  Also, currently, the FAQ at the
Wanderlust homepage points to dead FTP URLs for SEMI, APEL, and FLIM
packages.

If you don't grok el-get, or have prepackaged (e.g., Debian) versions of
Wanderlust, this beast seems like a huge chore to install.

Sigh.